Cover Crazy: Asian Dystopia and Awesome Art

Just a quick post before I go to bed~


Japanese Steampunk.
Yes, I said JAPANESE STEAMPUNK. Like those awesome animes. Like everything I ever wanted in a YA book. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS ONE.


LOOK AT THIS. Just look at it. You're gorgeous, cover. You're so gorgeous I want to scream. You're so gorgeous I want you on my shelf and I can't till September this year when you finally hit the bookstores. Add to that the awesome blurb and I'm sold.


                                                                                            


Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff

BLURB




Griffins are supposed to be extinct. So when Yukiko and her father are commanded to capture one for the murderous Shogun of the Shima Isles, they fear their lives are over. After disaster befalls the mission, Yukiko finds herself stranded in the wilderness with only the crippled griffin Buruu for company. Working together, the pair make a stand against the authorities, facing intrigue, betrayal and murder in the hope of seeing their homeland saved and Buruu flying again.

With Stormdancer, Jay Kristoff presents the Shogunate of Shima, a stunningly original dystopian steampunk world.







And since I love you all, I'll also share this:



Similar, yes? I can't decide which is more beautiful. I'm doing an Asia themed photo-manipulation on Sketch Pro now, just coz I'm so inspired!


Blurb (It's not much):

In a desert land where serpents made of unbreakable glass fly through the sky and wolves made of only sand hunt within storms, Liyana is destined to be a vessel, to sacrifice herself so her clan's goddess can inhabit her body... but her goddess never comes.


So which one do you think should sit pretty on your shelf?

Comments

  1. I love these covers too! Especially Vessel, giving up yourself to be inhabited by a goddess is just... Scary :/

    I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ bookaworld.wordpress.com too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous, gorgeous covers! And the blurbs sound awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger's Curse by Couleen Houck: Review

Comeback Post: Hi again, and How are You? (+free stories)

Bookshelves, Bookshelves, oh my!