Waiting on Wednesday- Waves and Devils!

Here we are, post-hiatus! And what better way to be back in the blogosphere than with two awesome pre-publication can't-wait titles! Happy WoW guys!

(There will be more on the hiatus, and pictures, later. For now----here we go!)

This week both my picks have something in common: beaches. I'm in that phase where I'm finding books set by the seaside and devouring them.


Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
by
April Genevieve Tucholke (Goodreads Author)
You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch

And this second one, guys, is an Annabelle Lee retelling. Love Poe retellings, so this one is definitely going to be on my shelves. Hope it's better than Masque of Red Death.



Ashes on the Waves
by
Mary Lindsey (Goodreads Author)
Liam MacGregor is cursed. Haunted by the wails of fantastical Bean Sidhes and labeled a demon by the villagers of Dòchas, Liam has accepted that things will never get better for him—until a wealthy heiress named Annabel Leighton arrives on the island and Liam’s fate is changed forever.

With Anna, Liam finally finds the happiness he has always been denied; but, the violent, mythical Otherworlders, who inhabit the island and the sea around it, have other plans. They make a wager on the couple’s love, testing its strength through a series of cruel obstacles. But the tragedies draw Liam and Anna even closer. Frustrated, the creatures put the couple through one last trial—and this time it’s not only their love that’s in danger of being destroyed.

Based on Edgar Allan Poe’s chilling poem Annabel Lee, Mary Lindsey creates a frighteningly beautiful gothic novel that glorifies the power of true love.

What are your picks this week? Leave your WoW links so I can check them out!

Comments

  1. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea looks amazing. That cover is also beautiful too and Ashes on Waves peaks my interest because of Poe. I had no idea it was based off of Annabelle Lee! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Poe. That's basically all that matters to me: Poe. And Annabel Lee is an awesome poem :)

      Delete
  2. I love the cover of Ashes on the waves! And interesting synopsis! Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look amazing! Wow! Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Annabel Lee to bits, so the retelling definitely sounds like something for me to look forward to as well!

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool that you like it :) I love the synopsis.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. I have seen this going around. Definitely looking forward to it.
    New follower = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh by the way, thanks for your comment about my blogger header. I love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Poe retellings too and Ashes of the Waves has a gorgeous cover and sounds amazing. Between the Devil and the deep blue sea, also looks amazing. Very cool cover as well. Awesome picks! Thanks so much for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jennifer. I'm more excited for Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea because the first blurb it had was amazing! This one not so much...

      Delete
  8. Hello Varsha. You do these authors a tremendous service by highlighting their books. Lovely covers, by the way. And thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, Dean Koontz is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are two really cool licks and I love the covers! Thanks for stopping by The Readdicts, Varsha. Yes, we are Indians and its great to know you too. :D

    Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks for Halloween! :)
    I'm a new follower of your blog!
    If you have time please check out my blog at Bookworms AVenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whee, Halloween is here, which means nothing to me except watching horror movies. Sigh, India doesn't have Halloween. THanks for following :)

      Delete
  11. Heh, I love the seaside theme! I seriously LOVE the first cover - it's weird, because I usually hate covers that have titles in huge writing that takes up the entire thing, but it works in this case. Ashes on the Waves is new to me so thanks for pointing it out! And yeah, I would sincerely like to read a Poe retelling that is better than Masque of the Red Death...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Aylee. I loved the previous blurb of Between the Devil...and I think the cover fits it perfectly. True about the large writing on front covers- that annoys me to no extent. Worse when the large writing is the author's name and some idiots think that's the name of the book. *cough, cough* China Meiville

      Delete
  12. I'm really digging that cover of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea! It sounds really interesting too. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not seen either of these. Devil and the Deep Blue Sea sounds good! Thanks. Both beautiful covers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Varsha!

    Thanks for commenting on my WOW!

    These are both great choices!! I agree with you about books that include the sea in their plots; I love them, too.

    Both of these books sound truly fabulous! Not that I like Edgar Allan Poe, but I do think this retelling will be an enchanting read. As for the first book, it sounds so intriguing... I want to find out about that dark-haired boy myself!

    Thanks for featuring these twoo books! They're both going on my TBR shelf on Goodreads!

    (BTW, I used your blog header as a button linking back to your blog. I just LOVE that header!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, sure Maria! I was thinking of making a mini version of that header since so many people like it :) YES- dying to know more about River! Doesn't the blurb sound fantastic?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger's Curse by Couleen Houck: Review

Comeback Post: Hi again, and How are You? (+free stories)

Bookshelves, Bookshelves, oh my!